Monday 19 March 2018

My Scrap Chick - Paper Eggs

Hello, my friends!

Welcome to my first DT post for My Scrap Chick!

Before I get into my project share,
I would first like to thank you for all your lovely congratulations over on facebook!
You're all so sweet about sharing in my happy news! :o)

Now...a little bit about My Scrap Chick...and what's ahead.
The shop is FULL of digital cutting files to use will all of our great machines.
Each file also comes with a PDF file, so these projects can also be made without a machine.
I'll have the pleasure of sharing some of these files with you.
However, you will want to head over to all the links below and sign up. 
Most important is to sign up to the shop newsletter. 
If you're a member of the mailing list you'll have to opportunity to receive incredible FREEBIES,
and be the first to hear about the great sales!

Okay...now onto my project!
I used the Paper Egg file.

I began with a paper that I thought would make an elegant egg. 
Then it turned out so elegant, that I thought it deserved to be on a stand. 
Rather Faberge-ish, right?
So I'll just call it my Faux Faberge Egg! ;o)


The file is very simple to cut and put together;
only two pieces.
I inked all the edges after it was assembled. 


To decorate the top of the egg, I bent a square filigree shape,
and glued it in place.
Then I cut the prongs off a large pearl brad, and glued it to the center of the filigree.


You can put some lovely treats inside!
I painted the wood candle stick with green acrylic paint,
and then also inked it with the gray ink.


I had so much fun with my first egg that I had to make a second.
This time I made a yellow one to make my friend Annabel happy! 


To decorate the top of this one,
I added a green flower and a pink floral button.
I tied a yellow fiber bow through the pink button.


This one I put on a wood candle cup turned upside down.
I painted it with yellow acrylic paint, and added a bit of pink ink to it. 
Then glued it to the bottom of the egg.


It's a little stubbier than the other egg but so cute!


Other Materials Used:
Papers: K & Company;
Egg 1:
Square Filigree;
Large Pearl Brad;
Stampin' Up Gray Ink;
Wood Candle Stick;
Green Acrylic Paint.
Egg 2:
Green Flower;
Pink Flower Button;
Yellow Fiber;
Martha Stewart Pink Geranium Ink;
Wood Candle Cup;
Yellow Acrylic Paint.

* * * * *
My Scrap Chick File Used:



* * * * *
Linking Up To:








* * * * *

So there it is...my first share for My Scrap Chick!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you'll head over to the shop and give it a try! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:





16 comments:

Katie said...

These are fabulous

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are fab and gorgeous and beautiful Nancy
Gr Karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I LOVE the grey egg it certainly is like a Faberge egg, so elegant :) LOVE it. The other is so different, but just as awesome. Great work.
Faith
x

Valerie said...

Just in LOVE with your Faberge Eggs! You're going to make the Easter bunny jealous. :)

Gail said...

A lovely project you created - very colorful and useful as well - TFS

~ginny said...

Thank you so much, Nancy, for sharing your project and creativity at 613! What a great project! Your finishing touches on the tops of the eggs are so creative - nicely executed!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Jan said...

Such beautiful faberge eggs Nancy! I love how they open to be filled with a real ( chocolate) egg or treat and the contrasting inside colours are gorgeous too. Thanks for joining us for our 400th challenge at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

Oh these are fabulous Nancy! Such a unique and beautiful way to give someone something sweet for Easter, they can eat the chocolate and treasure your beautiful paper egg! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week for our 400th challenge.

sarascloset said...

Wow! These eggs are gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!

Darlene said...

OH WOW these are so cool! You are amazing! Happy Day my friend!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm loving this project - it's unique, fun and cute! Thank you for Sharing. Chantell Just Add Ink

Eekers said...

Haha! Major Lols, thank you Nancy! :D Yellow Fabergé Egg = the best kind! Now it just needs to be filled with yummy goodies, packaged well, boxed, addressed, stamped, mailed to the UK and....lol! Thank you for the chuckles :D

Annabel x

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh my these eggs are fabulous!!Very beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

stampingbowd said...

Oh, wow, Nancy!!! Your eggs are such fun!!! They are soooo very cute! I love that they open up and you can put treats inside!!! Such an adorable project!

Donna Phelan said...

Congratulations AND Happy Birthday! These eggs are magnificent! What beautiful decorations, your Designer Papers are gorgeous--love these!

Tracy said...

Egg-cellent!! LOL Sorry I couldn't resist. These really are fantastic. You picked awesome papers. Fun and unique way to give a little treat.

Blog Archive