Sunday 25 June 2017

Mustard Seed Faith Challenge

Sunday Blessings to you, my friends!

It's time for a new challenge over at Mustard Seed Faith Challenge Blog

It's my turn to share a few thoughts with you.
I’m going to begin by asking you a question:

What does JOY mean to you?

Think about that for a minute while I share today’s Scripture verse:

“Consider it pure JOY, my brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of many kinds…”
James 1:2 NIV

Now let’s go back to the question.
If we think of it in the context of that verse, our meaning of JOY is wrong.
We usually think of JOY as being feelings of happiness, right?
We don’t feel happy when we’re facing trials, do we?
No!
Well…JOY does mean feelings of happiness and great pleasure
but did you know that JOY is also a verb?
A verb is an action word, right?
It’s something that we DO.
So…how do we DO JOY?
We CHOOSE it! We GO AFTER it! We BE it!
HOW do we do that?
When we’re in the midst of pain and stress and misery…how do we do that?
We focus on our HOPE and FAITH, and the inner JOY we all have,
…a gift given to us from the Lord.
True lasting JOY, and the peace that comes with it, comes from the Lord!

Those of you that have been visiting my blog for some time
know that JOY is a recurring theme with me here.

As someone who has lived with almost constant pain for many years,
I can tell you that the decision to "CHOOSE JOY"
has made a huge difference in my own life.
As it says in Nehemiah 8:10:

The JOY of the Lord is my strength! 

Don't get me wrong...it's not always an easy thing.
In fact...some days it seems downright impossible! lol
However, that's when I hand it all over to God...and the JOY comes!  :o)

*****
That brings me to the Challenge today!
Pull out some goodies from your stash that bring you JOY!
Then JOYFULLY create a project to share with us here!

I look forward to seeing what you make! :o)

* * * * * 
I made a fun 6 X 6 canvas to hang as a reminder to myself.
It's all in pretty pink!
(Sorry, Annabel, no mustard this time!)
I cut the paper to fit, and then stenciled the design. 
I distressed the edges and adhered it to the canvas front.
Then I inked around the front edge.
I cut the letters out with my Cricut, inked them, and adhered them in place.
I added sequins for some sparkle.


I inked some wide white lace with the matching pink ink,
and wrapped it around the edge of the canvas.
I created a triple bow from the glittery ribbon and added it to the top.


Finally, I added some Stickles to the letters.


Materials Used:
Papers: Crate Paper - Ransom;
Ink: Martha Stewart - Pink Geranium, 
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Stencil: TCW - Mini Curl Frame;
Cricut Cartridge: Plantin SchoolBook;
Stickles: Cotton Candy;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Lace: My Stash;
Sequins: Dollarama.

* * * * * 
So head on over to the

There you can meet the rest of the Design Team
and see what they've created for the challenge this week. 

Then check out the simple rules, make something,
and link it up!

I can't wait to see what you make! :o)

5 comments:

Susan M said...

Your canvas is beautiful Nancy ! Love the pink colours and the gorgeous bow ! The stencilling is fabulous ! Thanks for your lovely words on joy and sending prayers for your pain to ease !

Eekers said...

Can reading your name in a friends blog make you jump? Well yes indeed it can and it did, lol! :) Especially when I was just thinking....not much mustard in this Nancy! :D I really like it, defo brings me some joy :)

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you made a canvas to hang as a reminder to choose joy! I wondered if it was a wood block...canvas is lighter, makes more sense. Bold move, I need to get out of my safe space with cards and try mixed media art some time! Loved the thoughts you shared about joy and always so timely. Have a blessed week my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful message Nancy and I love how you have carried it through in your BEAUTIFUL project.
Faith
x

Valerie said...

Seeing these inspirational words you wrote 3 years ago for the first time. Good words for these days for sure. We can choose. <3  

Blog Archive