Thursday 8 December 2016

Playing With the House of Cards December Challenge

Hello, my friends!

Today is actually an extra little "for fun" post!
I was recently visiting a friend's blog, and clicked on a button in her sidebar.
It took me over to House of Cards.
How have I not been there before?
It's a monthly challenge blog, where a number of familiar faces hang out!

When I popped in they were having a blog hop in combination with their challenge.

 I just had to get in on the Challenge.
Look at this fabulous inspiration photo:


Isn't that a pretty photo?

I was really intrigued by the all red wreath.
Then I was reminded that I recently won a fabulous wreath image from MHK Designs.

Here is the card I made:

I colored my wreath all in red, and fussy cut it out.
Using papers that I also won from MHK Designs
I die-cut a doily, and placed it behind the wreath.
Then I used this wonderful red and green houndstooth paper for the background. 
Finally, I mounted it on a white card base, and added some bling.

The wreath was mounted on foam tape.
I also inked the edges of the doily with white ink.


Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Bling: Kaisercraft Rhinestones - Green;
Die: Cheery Lynn - English Tea Party Doily.

* * * * *
Linking Up To:


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
EnJOY the rest of your week! :o)


5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card -- love that you used your winnings to create - well done :)

craftysahmiam said...

Congrats on winning that lovely wreath image, you've put it to good use ! I really like the extra details such as the inked edges of the doily. Thanks for sharing with us at House of Cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card, love the colours, lovely colouring, great image.
Faith
x

Jane Knudsen said...

Fantastic card! The wreath is outstanding - such beautiful colors and lots of depth to it! I love the green doily! A great way to show off that gorgeous wreath! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

Leslie said...

Love everything about this! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the House of Cards Holiday Blog Hop!
Hugs,
Leslie, House of Cards DT
Love To Scrap!

Blog Archive