Tuesday 6 December 2016

Gecko Galz - Tag You're It

Hello, my friends!

Welcome back to another "Tag You're It" post for Gecko Galz!
Did you know that Gecko Galz is giving away a prize every day in December? 
Yes! All you have to do is go to the Gecko Galz blog every day, and comment on the wonderful tag created by one of the Design Team.
Then you go to that DT members blog, read all about how they created their tag, and leave a comment.
From the comments left, a winner will be chosen.
How easy is that?
The winner will be posted on the blog the next day! :o)

Today it's my turn to share another tag.

* * * * *
I started with a white cardstock tag base.
I printed out the gorgeous blue paper from the Blue Christmas Craft Kit.
I used snowflake punches on the top corners, and along the bottom.
Next, I printed out the lovely snowflake paper from the Winter Wonderland Digital Paper Pack.
I love this pretty paper too!
I used to have a pair of flannel pajamas that were an almost identical print! ;o)
I diecut this paper and adhered it to the tag.

Next, I printed and cut a number of the icons from the Blue Christmas Craft Kit
There are two sheets of fabulous icons in this kit.
On this tag I used: the ribbon & bow, several individual flowers, the floral swag, and the charming bird.

Everything was printed and cut with my Cricut Explore Air.


The bird was adhered with foam towards the bottom of the die-cut piece. 
It frames him beautifully!
Then I created a nest using the floral sway, and several individual flowers.
I outlined the flowers with glue and sprinkled Diamond Dust all over them.
I added more Diamond Dust to the trim on the bird's hat.


Finally, I added sparkling rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes and the flowers.


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Punch: Martha Stewart - Punch Around the Page - Aspen Snowflake;
Die: Sizzix Framelits - Label, Ornate #2;
Adhesive: Gossy Accents;
Twinklets Diamond Dust.

* * * * *

I hope you like my tag today!
I'll be back later in the month with more tags to share with you.
In the meantime, make sure you head over to Gecko Galz!
You don't want to miss any of the fun! :o)

11 comments:

Carole J said...

Gorgeous tag, Nancy. I love that little bluebird in his Christmas hat and sitting on his flower nest. Beautiful! x

Jackie PN said...

Nancy, your tag is just too adorable! And beautiful is the way you designed this! I love the flowers with the frost of snow covering them! Beautiful rich color!
Jackie ")

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag Nancy! The blues are so vibrant and beautiful!

christi said...

I love the detail of the nest. it's so pretty. the colors are so vibrant. his hat is adorable too.

Maria Pilar said...

wowww! such a beautiful tag. The nest with the flowers are fantastic, Nancy.
Hugs

Tracy said...

Soooo pretty! I love what you did with the flowers and the bird image is so vibrant.

MsMad said...

Adorable, but then I am partial to birds !!!!
Barbara

Darlene said...

WOW this tag is just GORGEOUS! His Santa hat really POPS! Beautiful!

Electra said...

What a great tag and I love your blog post!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous!! I have a Cameo Silhouette so I'm out of the print and cut but I'd love to create this so much beautiful color and a reminder to remember the birds at this time of year and all through winter.

Michele said...

beautiful tag Nancy! xo

Blog Archive