Tuesday 23 December 2014

Merry Christmas! (and Ephemera's Vintage Garden - Old Saint Nick - Project #3)

Merry Christmas, my friends!

This is my third and final project using the Old Saint Nick collection from Ephemera's Vintage Garden .
 You can find the collection right HERE.

I have made it as my "Merry Christmas" card to each of you! 
I had such good intentions of mailing out cards to many of you this year but it just didn't happen!

It's been a different kind of year for me, as I'm still dealing with the loss of my Mom.
I have found myself much more focused on the true meaning of Christmas...without all of the trappings.
It's a time to celebrate the birth of my Lord Jesus, 
and to create special memories with my family.

I wish the same for each one of you!
May you have a very Blessed Christmas as you enjoy your own celebrations!



Materials Used:
Ephemera's Vintage Garden Printable Kit - Old Saint Nick;
Burlap Wrapped Canvas - 9 X 12;
Glitter Snow Mixed with Gold Glitter;
Cricut Cartridge: December 25th;
Die: Tim Holtz Alterations - Tattered Poinsettias;
Ink: Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Pine Needles, Aged Mahogany;
Smooch Accent Ink - Gold;
Liquid Pearls - Buttercup;
Unknown Ribbons.

 * * * * *
If you have any questions about how I put this together, please ask!

When you're in the mood to do some after Christmas shopping, 
head over to Ephemera's Vintage Garden and take a look at all the fabulous kits available.

Oh, and don't forget to go to Debbie's blog HERE to sign up for her newsletter. 
Debbie is very generous with her gorgeous freebies! :o)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, you've outshone yourself with this card my friend. It HAS to be one of my favourites of yours.
I actually have this set and forgot all about it until I saw this fabulous card. (Shows what good taste we have, doesn't it). :)
I wish for you a very Happy and peaceful Christmas, with a New Year full of everything wonderful. xxx

Penny said...

Really gorgeous vintage card, Nancy! Love the die cuts, the papers, and the added texture and sparkle! :^)
I hope you have a most wondrous Christmas! :^)
Big hugs, Penny

Tracy said...

So beautiful Nancy. I made some of those poinsettias to adorn my tree this year. Christmas is rather subdued here too. My hubby gave a nice devotional at church tonight on Jesus and what he gave up to come as that babe in the manger. No complaining of the physical things he endured in his life and always teaching and showing love. Without that fleshly sacrifice we would have no hope. So you are right. There is every reason in the world to make him the focus of what this holiday is truly about. Wishing you all the blessings imaginable for Christmas and the new year to come. Hugs!

Jonia said...

Nancy this is absolutely beautiful. I understand the Christmas card mailings as I had the same intentions and did not mail a single card. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas my friend!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Nancy! I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!!
I'm thinking of you...
HUgs~

Marilyn said...

Wowsa Nancy, you nailed this one... bang, bang, bang! I love this piece and everything about it. Fabulous design and those poinsettias are gorgeous.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I am always blown away when I come here, gorgeous work as always!! huggles Pops x x x

Unknown said...

Truly beautiful work Nancy, your poinsettia flowers are staggering!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Gemiel said...

What a gorgeous vintage card. I love it!!! May you enjoy the remainder of your Christmas season and wishing you and your family abundant blessings in the new year.

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Wow Nancy this card is a stunner! I love how it has a shadow box effect. You've outdone yourself with this one my friend! Hugs!

Susan M said...

This is so beautiful Nancy ! The tattered poinsettias are gorgeous ! Your projects have just got better and better !

leslieb said...

This is such a beautiful card. Your poinsettia flowers die cut from sheet music and inked.....stunning and brilliant. I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas. I'm sure this season was pretty hard on you since the passing of your Mother. You remain in my prayers and in my thoughts.
Love you - Leslie

Blog Archive