Sunday 10 November 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge #19 - Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Happy Sunday, my friends!

I thought this morning would be the perfect time to post my latest Hymn and Scripture Challenge page. I'm going to schedule it but who know when it will actually post. Last time it went live 5 hours after the scheduled time! lol Is anybody else having the same issue?

Are you familiar with this wonderful hymn? It's another one of those that brings a certain "attitude" to the voices that are singing it. It's a beautiful thing to hear!

The words are beautiful too and gave me lots of options for my page. I was most inspired by verses 2 and 4. They say:

Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
nor wanting, nor wasting, thou rules in might;
thy justice, like mountains high soaring above;
thy clouds, which are fountains of goodness and love.

Thou reignest in glory; thou dwellest in light.
Thine angels adore thee, all veiling their sight.
All praise we would render; O help us to see
'tis onlythe splendor of light hideth thee!

Isn't that beautiful? I used two different Scripture verses this time. The song says "thy clouds, which are fountains of goodness and love", so I chose the second half of Ezekial 34:26. It says, 
"I will send down showers in season; 
there will be showers of blessing."

The second Scripture verse I chose came from verse 4 and the title. The title is also the first part of the first verse. This verse is found in Romans 16:27:

"...to the only wise God be glory forever
 through Jesus Christ! Amen"


There were so many Scripture verses that went along with this hymn. My hope is always to give you a little bit of encouragement, and I felt these verses did that. Sometimes we have to go through many difficulties in life. The good news is that God is waiting to shower us with blessings! Good is so good to us! 

Now, onto how I put my page together. I started by using a fan brush and my gold Glimmer Glam to create the "light". The title was cut from the music sheet and then matted it. I did quite a bit of stamping on this one. I started with the host of heavenly angels, then moved onto the clouds. I added swirls from the clouds to represent the fountains. Finally, I added some music stamping randomly around the page. I matted the words making one small change. The song spoke of "fountains of goodness and love" but the Scripture verse spoke of "showers of blessing". I used the words that were available and it became "showers of blessings and love". Then I just matted my Scripture verses and added some music stamping to them.

It has been a week of very exciting blessings for me! I am humbled and so very grateful for all of God's goodness! I pray that you are being blessed as well! JOYFUL Sunday to you all! :o)


Materials Used:
Papers: Colorbok - Textured Cardstock, 
Recollections - Cardstock;
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Curved Rectangles;
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Cloud Stamp,
Inkadinkado - Swirl Stamps, Tim Holtz - Joyful Song;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Spray: Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam - Rockin' On Sunshine;
Words: Tim Holtz Ideology - Chit Chat Seasonal;

* * * * *
Here's a better photo of the "light" of the Glimmer Glam:


* * * * *
Linking Up To:



* * * * *
Here's a lovely version of the hymn:




11 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Sunday to you my friend! Your page is heavenly (no pun intended) :-). I hope you have a wonderful day with the Lord. Hugs!

Christine L said...

A beautiful page Nancy...... and this is one of my favourite hymns!! and warning.... I sing it LOUD!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Susan M said...

A beautiful post for a beautiful hymn ! You have chosen wonderful verses for your page Nancy. The stamping is lovely and love the effect of the glimmer sprays and the lovely blue colour of the cardstock.

Geri said...

Lovely, Nancy! Those stamps all look like they were meant to be together...such a pretty artful look to this!

Kelly said...

Wow this one is quite beautiful and you captured God's blessings in a great way. Love the faint Angel and swirls with the glimmer. Love that! Your hymn in beautiful and so glorious!!!
Have a great day,
Kelly

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful hymn. Your page is just gorgeous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Marilyn said...

I love this page Nancy and I think it is one of my faves of yours. Beautiful in it's simplicity and clean lines.

Penny said...

Really beautiful stamping on this! Love the pretty blue, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jennifer said...

I just love visiting your blog....I always come away singing! Love the stamping on this page and how wonderful that God knows everything...such a comfort!

Jonia said...

Oh, Nancy what a blessing this is to me as my family has been blessed to have our brother in our lives for the last 63 years. These last few weeks have been tough as we were so scared we were going to lose him. Even the Dr. told us he was the oldest down syndrome patient he had had and how blessed we have been. God has blessed us and this was the perfect day for me to come by and look at your blog.

Anonymous said...

This is another hymn I've never heard before. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Your page is beautiful. I love how you have made the angels almost invisible. Since we don't see them in real life but we know they are there. Very cool idea. Love the gold sparkle you have brushed on this page. Another fantastic piece to add to your many challenges.

Love you my friend - Leslie

Blog Archive