Sunday 5 August 2012

A Die For A Sketch - Challenge #3

Hello, my lovely friends! Welcome to our third challenge of A Die For A Sketch! A big thank you to those of you who have been playing along with us, and another big thank you to all of you for your very sweet comments on my challenge cards! They are always very appreciated! :o)

I REALLY enjoyed putting this card together! Yes, I do say that for all of my projects but this time I mean it even more than I usually do! lol Let me tell you why...this card incorporates four of my favorite crafts...all on one card! Can you believe it? It is a combination of paper-crafting, crochet, beading and embroidery!
First, here's the great sketch, you will find the link HERE.


Here's my card:


 I started by choosing my papers and cutting the layers out. Once that was all decided I pierced holes around the circle and took care of the crocheting. (I'll post a link to a fabulous YouTube video below) When that was all finished I used a pattern from a great site called Stitching Cards. I'll post all their information below. I used one pattern with beading for the center circle. I used a separate pattern for the corner squares. The pieces were pierced and then stitched by hand. I used a variegated cotton for the crocheting and corner stitching, and a rayon floss for the beading and the leaves. So then it was just a matter of adhering all the layers together with the circle layer up on dimensionals. It's such a fun sketch to play with, and I do hope you'll come join us again this month at A Die For A Sketch! :o)

Items Used:
Papers: Recollections Cardstock;
Patterned Papers - From Andrea's Giveaway;
All Threads: DMC;
Beads: From My Stash;
*** Patterns: Stitching Cards Store HERE ***
They have some super cute animal patterns and beautiful flowers. 
A wonderful variety of creative ideas for cards. 
Their blog is called Prick And Stitch Is My Craft
You can find it HERE
***Leonie from My Passion For Paper has a wonderful Crochet video on YouTube***
It can be found HERE


20 comments:

Teen Queen said...

This is so lovely. I love the bling and the colors.

Teen Queen said...

looks like bling, but I see, after a closer look, it is stitching!!! Wonderful!!! Just dang cute.

Geri said...

Wow, this doesn't look like a card...it looks like a work of art! I can't believe you've incorporated all of this into a card! I'm speechless, Nancy! It's beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

This is just incredibly stunning Nancy! I love your crocheting around the center piece and they papers you've combined with this!

Tfriday said...

Wow Nancy, that's an amazing card. Cool stitching too. TFS.. Hugs!!

alexandra s.m. said...

What an amazing project my Friend!
Amazing that you could combine so many great crafts into one card!!

TFS~

Tracy said...

Oh my word! Girl this is spectacular! You know I've seen the crocheting done around the diecut and wondered how hard it was to do without tearing the paper. You'll have to let me know. It looks so beautiful. Stitching, beadwork--you just went to town on this card and it was definitely worth all the effort. Hugs!

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love this! Amazing Job! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Jonia said...

WOW Nancy, what a beautiful card and so much hard work. Girl you are just too much! Love it!

Leslie said...

I've never seen anything like this! This card is A-MAZING!

Your talent and artistry shines with each project you create. This one surpasses all I've seen in your creative repertoire!

Combining all the things you love to do has left me stunned!

Love you - Leslie

Gemiel said...

Wow Nancy, you've outdone yourself!!!! This is stunning and the stitching is so perfect! Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Nancy, beautiful stitching too. I've used that site many times for stitching patterns and used many of them....still have the beautiful metallic thread somewhere!!!
Leonie is also a good crafter.
Hugs
Lynn xx

Nathaly said...

Hi Nancy, such a beautiful card especially with all the embroiding, stitchibg etc. Wow! You do all that? It must have taken you ages to finish. But a stunning result you got there. Nathaly

Alice said...

love the crocheted edge for the circle! such a pretty card!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Marsha Fisher said...

WOW...this should be framed! Beautiful card :)

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Hi my dear friend Nancy, wow, wow what a great card! I love it. so nice colours and your embroiding and stitching is so beautiful.....a big compliment.

Big Hugs Andrea

Holly said...

I love this card!! YOU are so talented!
Hope you are doing well.
xo

Rosmarie said...

Hello Nancy

Thank you for your comment on my card. I am very happy to see that you like it.
Your card is gorgeous and has probably cost you a lot of work. All the elaborate embroidery and the crocheted border around the circle ... unbelievable what that needs time!
Everything is so neatly and regularly stitched!
Great!

Greets from France Daen'Ys

Susan M said...

What a wonderful card ! So many talents Nancy and combined together ,all I can say is WOW !

Blog Archive